From the coding monkeys
Unfolded is an origami, 3D third-person, action-adventure game. In the game, you play as Kiri discovering who she is and her capabilities. Among these, is the power of folding and unfolding paper. As the journey unravels, Kiri takes on a variety of dungeons, where she uses her newfound powers to fight enemies and solve puzzles; all in an attempt to save her paper world.
- Unfolded takes place on Komu, an entirely origami island folded by two mystic beings: Yumi, the goddess of folding, and Roji the god of unfolding. After a millennium of watching Yumi surround herself with beautifully folded creations, the desire to behold a creation of his own swells beyond control, and Roji viciously attempts to unfold his fellow deity in an epic battle to strip her of her powers. Amongst the chaos that soon spreads through the island, Kiri, a young girl, is rescued from a river by the villagers of Hinto. With Roji’s dark entities quickly overcoming the island, Hinto’s village elder, Tanzen, believes Kiri could be the island’s final hope in restoring peace between the gods.
Game World Layout:
- A series of dungeons connected by a hub-area.
- New areas will open up as the player progresses
- Interaction with previously inaccessible portions of the environment.
- Core Mechanics: work with, craft, and fight with origami transformations.
- Core Experiences: Complete dungeons, solve puzzles, fight enemies, and gain new skills/weapons.
- Progression: Upgrades and Items using crafting techniques / blueprints.
- Abilities: Abilities based on the transformation property of origami.
- Constant Change/Growth: Use new upgrades/items to take on changing challenges in expanded regions.
- Give an always-fresh experience by procedurally generating the dungeons each time.
- Implement a series of rendering techniques and modify the physics to create a world that lives and breathes in ways which resemble their constituent materials and respond to player interaction promptly.
- Light roguelike gameplay, more forgiving
- Origami properties in the world
- Appeal to a rather broad audience.
- Given in-game text and the difficulty level, the game will be approachable to players between the ages of 4 – 99.